Step by Step Procedure
The major purposes for street lighting are to support traffic safety, assist in restraining crime and vagrancy, and to promote civic progress. Warren RECC has established a program with various communities in our service area. The process for municipalities to add and/or remove a light has been designed to limit the complexity.
- Contact Warren RECC with a request related to adding and/or removing a street light.
- Formal letter sent to the District Office serving you or the Engineering Department at:
Attention: Engineering Department
P.O. Box 1118
Bowling Green, KY 42102-1118
Email message (Fill out boxes below and click submit)
- The Engineering Group will survey the location(s) and submit a design to the Lighting Administrator
- The Lighting Administrator will calculate a Cost Estimate
- The Cost Estimate will be conveyed to the municipality
- Upon written approval from the municipality, Warren RECC will order materials and schedule construction (based on workload)
- When the facilities are constructed, the lighting Administrator will add the approved charges to the municipality’s billing