Applying for Service

You may apply for electric service at any Warren RECC office between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will be asked to furnish your ID, Social Security number, the service address, and the electric meter number (found on the front of the meter) at the location where you are requesting service. Renters will also be asked for a copy of their lease or rental agreement.

You will be asked to pay a $10 membership fee, a deposit, and a $35 connect fee. The amount of the deposit is determined by the type of service you request - residential or non-residential.

In Simpson and Warren counties and the city of Morgantown, a building permit is required before you can get an inspection for a new home, business or mobile home. The building permit may be obtained from the Franklin-Simpson Planning and Zoning Commission at 300 North Main Street in Franklin; the Bowling Green-Warren County Planning and Zoning Commission at 1141 State Street; or the Morgantown City Hall at 117 North Main Street in Morgantown. In Logan, Ohio, Butler, Edmonson, and Grayson counties, a Notice of Release for Electric Service must be acquired from your local health department for both temporary and permanent service.