Supplemental Residential Rate

What is the Supplemental Residential Rate (SRS)?

Effective October 1, 2019, Warren RECC offers a Supplemental Residential Rate. This newly approved rate allows you to save money if you have an additional meter at the same location as your home and that additional meter is not used for business purposes. Examples include a detached garage, an electric fence, or a storage/tool shed.

How Can I Apply for the Supplemental Residential Rate (SRS)?

To apply for the SRS, simply complete and return an SRS application form. If you believe you may be eligible, please contact Warren RECC at 270-842-6541. 

What is the Per Kilowatt Hour (kWh) rate for the SRS?

The per kWh rate on SRS accounts is the same as the rate currently charged on those meters – the General Service 1 rate (GSA1). However, because residential rates are currently not subject to state sales tax, those eligible for the SRS will see a sales tax savings due to the reclassification.

What Types of Services are Eligible for the SRS?

Some common types of services that qualify for the SRS Rate are:
• Detached garage
• Personal shop
• Electric gate/fence
• Pool house/pool pump
• Storage/tool shed
• Well pump

What Types of Services are NOT Eligible for the SRS?

Some common types of services that do not qualify for the SRS rate are:
• Temporary service
• Services on a property separate from the single-family dwelling
• Commercial business
• Church
• Barn used in a commercial farming operation
The above list is not comprehensive, but is meant to highlight some common types of services that do not qualify for the SRS.

Does the Shop Across the Road From My House Qualify for the SRS?

A personal shop will qualify for the SRS as long as it is on the same parcel of property as the residential dwelling. If the shop and house are on the same property – even if it’s separated by a road – then the shop will qualify. If, however, the shop is on another parcel of property, it will not be eligible for the SRS.

I Have a Garage On a Piece of Property But No House, Does it Qualify for the SRS?

No, the purpose of the SRS is that it pertains to meters that are supplemental to the residence, or part of the residence in some way. A garage or storage building on a piece of property without a house is classified under the General Service 1 (or GSA 1) rate. In order to comply with TVA’s requirements for the SRS, applications on a separate property from your home must remain in the GSA rate.

To apply for the Supplemental Residential Rate, click here to download the application.